Guide for Indigenous Peoples and Local Communities
The Social Requirement Briefer provides a concise, step-by-step guide to each stage of the HCSA implementation process for Indigenous Peoples, local communities and civil society organisations.
It ensures community rights and land rights are respected and that local workers are not exploited – click the image above to download.
The following training videos are based on the 14 Social Requirements (SRs) and the Social Requirements Implementation Guide. They have been prepared to assist those new to the Social Requirements (SRs) and those wanting a refresh to understand the key aspects of implementing the SRs.
The first training video introduces the SRs. The next four training videos present the main stages of applying the SRs. These are followed by training materials that explore key aspects of the SRs, including social aspects of developing conservation plans, and grievance and redress procedures. Additional training videos will be added in the future.
- Introduction: Overview of the Social Requirements – Transcript
- Stage One of Implementing the SRs: Preparation – Transcript
- Stage Two of Implementing the SRs: Assessment – Transcript
- Stage Three of Implementing the SRs: Negotiation – Transcript
- Stage Four of Implementing the SRs: Operations – Transcript
- Management & Monitoring Agreements – Transcript